Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My First Published Book: Child of Orcus

Today is a big day for me! No, it's not just because it's new comic day or because I got a new case of imported vodka. Today marks the day of my first published book. No, I'm not high. I'm dead serious. I know it seems like I dedicate most of my writing to drunken reviews and the X-men Supreme fanfiction series, but I actually do like writing enough to try and make it a career. I find writing fun. I'm one of those crazy guys who actually looked forward to the essay questions back in school. I wouldn't dedicate many hours of my day to writing if I didn't enjoy it. I would really love it if I could turn it into a career where I can actually get paid to write. You know, making money for doing something I love. I know it sounds crazy, but even a drunk can have dreams.

For the past few years, I've been working on and refining a work of fiction called Child of Orcus. It is a story I hope appeals to those who miss the Harry Potter series or are big Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans. I've always been intrigued by the world of magic, wizards, demons, and boobs. Okay, that last one is a little broad, but you get the idea! After years of writing about the characters others have created, I decided to create my own. It all centers around a teenage boy named Damon Masters. He's an outcast not unlike the X-men in Marvel comics, but for very different reasons. In my story, he attempts to connect with a friend, Scott Freeman. The results take some very macabre turns. How macabre? Well, you'll have to buy the book to find out!


Thanks to everyone who has supported this blog and the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. I hope this is the beginning of something new in my career of drunken musings. Rest assured, X-men Supreme and this blog of colorful comic reviews will continue. But it would be nice if I could pull in some additional coin from all the effort I've put into my writing craft and I hope this is one way of doing so. Please check out my new book on Amazon and tell me what you think! You'll be supporting my website and my blog while helping an aspiring writer to make his work more awesome. Nuff said!

4 comments:

  1. I don't always agree with you, but I always enjoy your writing and love reading your blog. Congrats on the book deal. It is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your first book out there. Here's hoping it leads to many more. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I appreciate your support. I do hope this leads to bigger and better things beyond just getting drunk and reviewing comics. As much fun as that is, I'd like to be able to make a living off of my work and this is hopefully the first step towards doing so.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete