Friday, October 24, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue #106: Civilization No Longer Lost Part 1 is LIVE!


With every major arc in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series, I try to make sure it leaves a lasting mark. The world of X-men Supreme is a constantly changing, ever evolving mythos. Like the comics, certain events lead to long-term ramifications for certain characters, places, and themes. There have been more than a few here in X-men Supreme. Some have led to massive upheavals in the leadership of entire nations. Some have led to new members and new romantic relationships. Some have even exposed terrible secrets that some have gone to great lengths to conceal. In every arc, the world of X-men Supreme changes dramatically and that's exactly what I intend to do with this new arc, Civilization No Longer Lost.

This arc won't just pit the X-men against the likes of Sinister and Selene again. It'll provide some overdue details about the lives of the Seftons. Since I introduced them in the Family and Fiends arc back in X-men Supreme Volume 2: War Powers, I've kept details about them hidden. Amanda Sefton and her mother are among those who have a significantly different background in X-men Supreme. Their lives, their powers, and the conflicts they face are unique to this fanfiction series. Amanda's close emotional connection with Nightcrawler ensures their conflicts have a great deal of drama. But I've kept the nature of that conflict hidden for a good reason. That reason starts to unraval in this arc.

In X-men Supreme Issue 105: Bleeding Hearts, I revealed that the Seftons don't just have close ties to Nightcrawler. They also have ties to Selene, the Black Queen. The extent of those ties are key to the conflict that's set to unfold. It's been brewing since the end of X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear. To say it's ambitious would be an understatement, even by the lofty standards Sinister and Selene have set in the past. What they do and the upheaval it will bring is going to have significant, far-reaching impacts that will play out later on in X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths. And it begins here in this arc.

X-men Supreme Issue 106: Civilization No Longer Lost Part 1

As X-men Supreme continues to evolve, I want to continue making it as awesome as it can be to as many fans as possible. This arc will reveal new characters, new places, and new history. Whenever I attempt such endeavors, I take the feedback I get from readers very seriously. I want this fanfiction series to be something that X-men fans and marvel fans of all kinds can enjoy. And I can't know if I'm doing something wrong if nobody tells me. So please take the time to provide feedback on this and any other issue in this fanfiction series. Either post it in the issue or contact me directly. I make it a point to respond. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment