Monday, February 23, 2015

Strangers In Paradise Chapter 10: Strong Hearts and Cold Trails is LIVE!


Being snowed with a limited supply of weed and booze can be a terrible thing. But it can also be helpful in some ways. It gives guys like me less excuses to keep my ass busy. And since I hate excuses more than I hate parking tickets, I used that time to work on my first ever Superman/Wonder Woman story.

So far, Strangers In Paradise has been going over very well. After nine chapters, I think it's safe to say I've created something that doesn't suck. And in this day and age where Two and a Half Men can replace Charlie Sheen while Dumb and Dumber gets a sequel, I think that's the most reasonable criteria we can have.

In those nine chapters, I retold the story of how Superman and Wonder Woman came together. In this world, I changed one critical circumstance. Clark and Diana met when they were younger, before they became the heroes that everyone respects and dresses up as at every comic con. That created a connection that profoundly changed their lives. Then, after six years of being torn apart, they reunited and a new relationship is blossoming. They already went on their first date and things got pretty damn heated. Now that relationship is poised to grow, but not without some beautifully awkward moments. That's what I explore in this latest chapter, which I like to call the afterglow chapter. Superman/Wonder Woman fans of all kinds should be ready to squee.


So far, I've been enjoying this story. Writing it has been a challenge that I think will help make the rest of my work more awesome. It gives me a chance to tell a story for a group of fans that I know can be fickle. I don't claim I can make it perfect. I don't even claim I won't make mistakes along the way. But I'm committed to make it as awesome as every other piece I write. Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment