Friday, April 15, 2011

X-men Supreme Issue 31: Memory Musings PREVIEW

Well after so many updates to the bios and pics area, it's time for the X-men Supreme fanfiction series to resume the core of it's awesome. I'm very excited about the upcoming issue. The previous issue, The Unstoppable Juggernaut, was potent entry of classic X-men action. It brought the infamous Juggernaut to this fanfiction series and introduced a less familiar face in John "Thunderbird" Proudstar. Juggernaut definitely got his share in the previous issue of X-men Supreme. In this upcoming issue, Thunderbird will get his. Don't expect it to be nearly as explosive as the previous issue, but this fanfiction series involves more than just action. There is an entire history to the universe that X-men Supreme takes place in. I haven't had time to flesh it out completely. Keep in mind issue 1 began long after the X-men were established. What happened before that? How did the X-men get to where they are now? Well this next issue will start to tell that story! Below is a brief preview to show what you can expect from this very important issue.


John laughed again as Logan took bigger gulps of his drink. He had to admit, Logan was a pretty swift drinker. As soon as he finished the bottle he slipped the bartender another round of bills. He was already looking at Logan strangely, but he didn’t get paid to judge. He got paid to serve drinks. Soon Logan had another bottle of whiskey in front of him.

“Tell me something, Proudstar, what makes a girl like Jeannie tick?” said Logan as he opened up the new bottle, “I was with her for months. We went out, talked, humped, all that crap. I learned a lot about her, but I never could quite figure her out.”

“Is that another reason why you’re here? To get some answers about Jean you weren’t able to get when you were together?” asked John.

“If you’re gonna start answering questions with more questions, then save me the trouble and just shut the hell up,” grumbled Logan.

“Take it easy, Logan. I’m still sore from the Juggernaut fight,” said John, “But I can’t say I blame you for wanting answers. I was with Jean for almost a year. And I’ve asked myself that same question many times before.”

“Let me guess, you had no better luck than I did,” Logan surmised.

“Seeing as how I’ve known her longer, I like to think I have some insight. But Jean’s a complicated woman with a complicated history. Everybody in the X-men is like that I guess. You and I are no exception.”

“Seeing as how I don’t know shit about you I’ll take your word for it.”

“But Jean Grey is special,” said John distantly, “I know we’re probably bias because we dated her, but she’s really something.”

“That she is,” sighed Logan, thinking back fondly to the good times he had with her.

“It’s amazing how far she’s come,” John continued to muse, “Kind of puts a lot of things into perspective.”

“Sounds like quite a story,” said Logan as he started gulping down more whiskey, “Care to share more?”

“Are you really interested or is that just the liquor talking?”

“It’s easier to get drunk when you got something else to listen to than the rest of these lowlifes,” he shrugged, “And unless you’re gonna tell me you got something else better to do, why the hell not?”

Logan had a way with words. John was starting to see why Jean hooked up with him. Turning back to his beer, he figured he might as well come out with it. It had been a while since he had anyone to talk to anyway, let alone share a beer with.

“Just warning you, it gets a bit complicated. And I don’t know how much you can understand when your drunk.”

“So try anyways. Think of it as a challenge.”

John smiled and shook his head. He finished his beer and signaled the bartender to get him another. This was going to be a long story. He might as well stock up.

“If you say so,” he sighed, “I’ll start from the beginning on the day I joined the institute."

The plans I have for this fanfiction series are still pretty extensive. The next issue will set the stage for a fresh arc that if you've kept track of the hints I've dropped, will be quite revealing! In the meantime I'll continue to work on upgrading this website. Just this past week, X-men Supreme saw the launch of it's own wiki site! Thanks to a very generous fan named Jenna, X-men Supreme has yet another medium in which it can grow. It's still new, but I hope to see it flourish as this website has.

I also hope to see more reviews come in for future issues of thsi fanfiction series. Again, there have been some very nice fans like rekkanoryo who have commented on multiple issues. I hope more are able to do so. Just know that I'm always willing to chat! Feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you all very much for your generous support. Stay tuned for more updates on the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Until next time, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment