Sunday, June 5, 2011

X-men Supreme Update - New Pics Section for X-Couples

I'm still buzzing from the last issue of X-men Supreme. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out! This fanfiction series continues to grow and I'm working hard to make sure it grows in many different ways. The Sinister Intent arc was a big moment in a number of ways. It introduced a new adversary in Sinister. It changed the mutant abilities of Rogue. It also brought together Cyclops and Jean Grey, two characters whose relationship had gone through many upheavals since the beginning of this series. Since they are such an iconic pairing in the comics, movies, and cartoons it's only fitting that their relationship be a big deal here in X-men Supreme. However, don't expect to see the same type of relationship that's been shown in many mediums before. Cyclops and Jean Grey's relationship will be different in a number of ways. It already is as has been revealed in issues like Memory Musings. It will be a major theme as this fanfiction series moves forward.

In the spirit of the Cyclops/Jean relationship, I've put together a new area of the pics section. This one is dedicated to the famous couples of the X-men. Relationships within X-men have always been part of the appeal of the stories. They've let to some of the most iconic plots in the history of Marvel comics. So it's only fitting that one of the X-men's most iconic pair get a section dedicated to them. I've assembled a number of immages including a few commissions. They are the first, but I intend to add more couples down the line.

X-men Couples - Cyclops and Jean Grey


I'm excited about this new section since I know there are many X-men fans out there that love certain relationships. I hope to do every relationship in X-men justice as the story unfolds. If at any point you want to voice your opinion or disapproval of a certain couple, I'm always willing to discuss it. Feel free to contact me at any time and if you want to submit your own art to the pics section, I'm more than willing to do so! Until next time, take care and best wishes!

Jack

2 comments:

  1. I know I am hitting an old post, but I did want to comment on one thing from the pic, and that is the artist does understand one thing about the characters which comes across in the art. Some of the Marvel writers refer to Cyclops as "The Batman of the X-Men" without really realizing what that means. One thing he has in common is that like Batman, Cyclops is who he is; Scott Summers is the mask. By having him wear the visor during sex the artist not only implies this, but that Jean knows as well. And that she desires the man, not the facade.

    But please tell me that's not a picture of herself she has hanging up in her room.

    Rothstein-Smash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Rothstein! I appreciate all your input. I do see some of the Batman parallels, but I don't think it's as apparent as Marvel makes it out to be. The difference between Batman and Bruce Wayne is extremely stark. For Cyclops, it's not as clear. Yes, he does put on a mask during missions. But that's for missions. He is someone else when he's not playing his Cyclops role. Both roles aren't mutually exclusive. I think Jean Grey loves both men in that one provides the dedication and discipline while the other provides a deeper love and connection without being too overt about it. Unlike Wolverine or Thunderbird, Cyclops doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve. She has to dig deeper and in the process, it forces her to open herself up more than she did with her other lovers. That's why I think the connection is so strong in X-men Supreme.

    As for that picture, that's just something the artist added. I assume it is a picture of herself. A lot of girls have something like that. I know. I have sisters. I think it was a nice touch. Thanks again!

    Jack

    ReplyDelete