Friday, May 25, 2012

X-men Supreme Issue 54: District X Part 3 is LIVE!

The time has come for another important step in the course of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Today, the District X arc will come to an end and the world of X-men Supreme will enter a new phase. I know that in the movies and comics, the X-men often play the role of a typical superhero team. There's always that element of fear and hatred from humanity, but it doesn't always manifest in the stories. I know that's not always possible given how the Marvel universe has unfolded. I know it hasn't been possible in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series because there are so many conflicts going on at once. But it's important to remember that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created the X-men as an allegory for minorities back in the 60s. That allegory continues to be important and that's what I've tried to capture with District X. Like the race riots of the era, the mutants of District X have risen up to make a stand. That stand was complicated by a killer human/robot interface, but the theme is still there. Now the dust must settle and the impact on humans and mutants alike is ready to begin.
Issue 54: District X Part 3

The end of every arc brings great change and District X is no different. Expect a new wave of stories to unfold in the pages of X-men Supreme. In addition, you can also expect more updates to the pics and bios section. I'm proud to announce that my good friend, Brian Brinlee, has submitted a new piece recently. It's a piece that takes place in Issue 27: Cajun Chaos Part 1 and offers a nice glimpse of Gambit's first entry into the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. It is posted both in the issue and in the Official Panels section. I hope others will follow and please remember I'm always open to taking submissions for new pics. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this further.

 
Once again, I strongly encourage everyone to provide feedback on this latest arc as well as every issue thus far in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Feedback is vital to making this fanfiction series the best it can possibly be. I have such big plans ahead for X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope. Those plans will start to come together very soon so any feedback I can get would be deeply appreciated. Until next time, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment