Friday, March 29, 2013

X-men Supreme Issue 3.1: Sin City Shenanigans is LIVE!


Viva Las Vegas and the launch of a very special issue of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series! I'm very excited about this and not just because it brings X-men Supreme one step closer to X-men Supreme Volume 4. I've always had a soft spot for self-contained stories. There's a place for the continuity and epic nature of the arcs in the comics and a fanfiction series. But at times, I understand that readers just want to be able to sit down and enjoy one story without having to muse over the cliff-hangers at the end. That's what Marvel had in mind when they began their Point One initiative and that's what I have in mind for this very special addition of X-men Supreme.

Like X-men Supreme Issue 0: Revelation X, this issue isn't directly tied into a particular volume. It takes place in between X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope and the upcoming X-men Supreme Volume 4. Professor Charles Xavier and his X-men are still recovering from the events that culminated with the election of Senator Robert Kelly as President of the United States. He understands the X-men have many challenges ahead of them, but he also understands that contrary to what some may believe, his X-men are still human. They need a break from it all every now and then. That's exactly what they hope to do by taking a vacation to Las Vegas, Nevada! But as is often the case, trouble seems to find the X-men no matter where they go. A familiar foe that we last saw in X-men Supreme Volume 2: War Powers has re-emerged and is poised to ruin their vacation and so much more! It's a story of epic battles along the Las Vegas Strip and as such, it gives me great pleasure to launch this very special issue!

X-men Supreme Special Issue 3.1: Sin City Shenanigans

I had a lot of fun writing this issue. I hope this helps bring the X-men Supreme fanfiction series closer in line with the quality and structure that fans have become accustomed to with Marvel comics. While I understand that as a work of fanfiction this can never be on the same level as the comics, I still want to treat X-men Supreme with the same level of care. That is why it is so important that I receive feedback from readers. I know I constantly harp on it, but aside from a few very dedicated reviewers (a big shout-out to Stormbreaker for being among the most consistent) really don't get a lot of feedback on X-men Supreme. I would like that to change as the scale of this fanfiction series continues to grow. So please, in the spirit of X-men and making X-men Supreme the best it can be, take time to send feedback for this issue. You can either contact me directly or post your thoughts in the comments section. I hope everyone enjoys this special one-shot for the X-men Supreme fanfiction series! I don't intend for it to be the last! Until next time, take care and best wishes! Viva Las Vegas and Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment