Friday, July 4, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue 98: Tech Spec Terror is LIVE!


Happy 4th of July everybody! Hope everybody has a chance to see some fireworks today. If not, there are plenty of fireworks to go around in the first issue of X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths. Sometimes, the circumstances of this fanfiction series work out perfectly. I don't always plan for it to, but I do my best to make sure the events in X-men Supreme feel appropriate. It happened when The Wolverine came out alongside my Lotus and the Warrior arc. I'm not sure this is quite at that level, but I think it'll feel appropriate given the context of the story. This is a day meant to celebrate all things American and a number of those American values will be on display in this tumltuous time for X-men Supreme.

Fittingly enough, the biggest development at the end of the X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear had to do with the American government. General Nathan Grimshaw and President Robert Kelly were on the brink of another war with Genosha, but at the last moment the X-men helped Wanda Maximoff negotiate a fragile peace. It wasn't the kind of peace won by force or rhetoric. This peace is driven purely by economics. Even in the world of X-men Supreme, money and resources go a long ways towards influencing politics and society. The extent of that effect will be fully on display in the first issue of X-men Supreme Volume 5. Some of it will be good. Some of it will be not so good. And in both instances, the X-men will play a major role.

Under the Scarlet Witch's leadership, the mutant nation of Genosha has sold its most precious resource to the world. Back in X-men Supreme Issue 46: Paradise Mystery, the X-men helped Magneto discvoer a crashed Shi'ar ship. This ship contained technology decades, if not centuries ahead of its time. At first, Magneto tried to use it to further his own goals. Now this same technology that nearly ended the world is being used to help save it. The Scarlet Witch and President Kelly agree that prosperity is more preferable to war and few things drive the economy better than technology. This alien technology promises to usher in a whole new era of prosperity. But as with every new advancement, there are new problems that emerge. One of those problems attacks in the first issue, which promises to set the tone for what the X-men will deal with in X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths. This fanfiction series has put the X-men in some difficult positions, but none like this and it begins today.

X-men Supreme Issue 98: Tech Spec Terror

This is a new era with many new struggles for the X-men. There will be some big moments for certain characters and some of them have been brewing for a long time. Since I'm still undecided on whether or not I'll continue X-men Supreme after Volume 5, I'm going to make these moments as meaningful and awesome as I possibly can. There are still so many things I want to do with this fanfiction series. I probably won't get to them all, but I know what I want to accomplish with X-men Supreme Volume 5: Dark Truths and this first issue will put everything on the right track. However, I can only accomplish so much. I still need feedback from others to let me know that this fanfiction series is as awesome as it needs to be. In recent months, some wonderful people have contacted me and shared their support for X-men Supreme. I hope more follow their example. Please feel free to contact me at any time or post your comments directly in the issue. I'm always happy to chat and answer questions. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

1 comment:

  1. Good start, very entertaining.
    Looking forward for the next chapter.

    good work :-)

    ReplyDelete