Friday, July 18, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue 99: Escaping Destiny is LIVE! and Pic Updates


When I began planning X-men Supreme, I did so with the understanding that certain characters inspire a certain level of passion amongst fans. X-men has many diverse characters that resonate with many diverse fans. Some of these characters are their own fandom in and of themselves and satisfying such fans in this fanfiction series is very challenging. That meant that I had to put a great deal of care into how I was going to develop these characters, especially if that meant retooling their history. For some characters, their history isn’t really that different from the comics. Professor Charles Xavier, Cyclops, and Beast are among those whom I’ve kept fairly consistent with the comics. But others such as Nightcrawler, Rogue, and Thunderbird have undergone significant changes, undergoing shifts that make them more unique to X-men Supreme. Well now I’m going to explore more changes with a character that inspires a special set of fans in Emma Frost.

I introduced Emma Frost to the X-men Supreme fanfiction series during The Phoenix Saga. I’ve already briefly explored her history. Like the comics, she comes from a wealthy family, she once worked at the Hellfire Club as a stripper, and she uses her business savvy skills to run her own company. But unlike the comics, she never became a full-fledged member of the Inner Circle. She also joined the X-men for a time, where she became Cyclops’s first lover. However, there are many questions left unanswered about Emma Frost in X-men Supreme because she didn’t stick around after the events of The Phoenix Saga. But there’s a good reason for that and that reason is about to become much clearer.

In this issue of X-men Supreme, we catch up with Emma Frost and find out what she has been up to since the events of The Phoenix Saga. I’ve already hinted in previous issues that she has been working on redeeming herself in the eyes of her former team. She also has her own plans that she has been pursuing while the X-men have been busy establishing a fragile peace with Genosha. Now those plans are entering a very sensitive, and very personal, phase. The Emma Frost of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series has her own unique story to tell and the heart of that story begins here.

X-men Supreme Issue 99: Escaping Destiny

And since this issue will be exploring Emma Frost so extensively in the context of X-men Supreme, it's only fitting that she be the subject of an overdue pic update. I'm always on the lookout for quality artwork of my favorite female X-men. Emma Frost has always been the most photogenic. So to commemorate this issue, I've updated the pics section for Emma Frost and Jean Grey/Phoenix. If anyone wishes to contribute something else, please contact me.

Emma Frost Pics

Jean Grey Pics

Phoenix Pics

I understand, as the writers and editors of Marvel Comics understand, that it’s impossible to please every fan. With X-men Supreme, I am making a concerted effort to give fans of every character something they’ll find satisfying. This issue and the arc it leads into will reveal the depths of Emma Frost’s character in this fanfiction series. Emma has a unique personality that is all her own and I want to do that personality justice. As always, I’m deeply interested in knowing what fans think of my efforts to do these characters justice. I’m really hoping to hear from Emma Frost fans for this issue. Please take the time to send me your feedback via email or post it directly in the issue. I’m always happy to chat about the merits of my work and all things X-men. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment