Friday, September 26, 2014

X-men Supreme Issue #104: School Daze is LIVE!


The X-men Supreme fanfiction series keeps growing with every issue. But every now and then, it grows in a way that opens a whole new avenue for awesome stories. Sometimes it happens when I introduce new characters like Sinister or the Shi’ar. Sometimes it happens when I incorporate classic X-men stories like the Phoenix Saga. I hope this latest growth is just as productive because it creates a new yet familiar dynamic to X-men Supreme that many X-men fans should appreciate.

Over the years, there have been many other teams that have spun out of the X-men. There’s X-Factor, X-Force, Young X-men, and plenty of others. A big part of what makes the X-men so strong as mythos and a brand is the wide variety of teams and characters. Since I began X-men Supreme, I focused primarily on established characters that are trained adults. To be fair, they really have to be trained adults in order to take on the kind of challenges they’ve faced in this fanfiction series. There are some young characters like Iceman and Shadowcat who capture the more youthful spirit of X-men. But to date, this fanfiction series has only followed one team of X-men. That changes today.

That change comes courtesy of Emma Frost. Despite having recently lost two of her daughters in the Prison Break arc, she’s been working on this change for quite some time. A former X-man herself, she’s a teacher and an educator at heart. That’s a big part of her character in the comics and one I seek to capture in X-men Supreme. Now that she’s free of Sebastian Shaw’s influence, she can focus on building something that reflects her passions. This is what leads us to the Academy of Tomorrow, a new institution inspired by the Xavier Institute. But unlike the X-men, the students involved are all young, having not yet found their place in the world as mutants. Now in this issue, the X-men see just what sort of world these young mutants will find for themselves under Emma Frost’s leadership.

X-men Supreme Issue 104: School Daze

With the introduction of the Academy of Tomorrow, the scale and scope of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series gets just a little bit bigger. As it grows, my ability to utilize all the dynamics that go into making X-men awesome will be tested. I have every intention of rising to the occasion. I believe I can keep making X-men Supreme awesome in new ways that appeal to X-men fans of all kinds. But to ensure those skills are up to part, I need plenty of feedback from my readers. I’ve noticed some who have gone through the trouble of going back and leaving generous comments in past issues. These readers are a bit part of what inspires me to keep making X-men Supreme awesome. I hope others follow their example. Please do so by posting your comments directly in the issue or contact me directly. I’m always happy to chat X-men. Until next time, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

2 comments:

  1. entertaining issue.
    waiting for the next ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Still plenty more to come.

      Delete