Friday, November 6, 2015

Strangers In Paradise Chapter 20: Remorse and Reconciliation is LIVE!


Sometimes the hardest part of the battle is the aftermath. When the bullets stop flying and the dust starts to settle, the impact finally sinks in. For some, it’s traumatic. For some, it’s a relief. For others, it’s a chaotic mix of conflicting feelings that’ll give even the Lex Luthors of the world migraines. But in many respects, it’s the most important part of a story.

That’s the point I’m at with “Strangers In Paradise.” That’s right. My first ever Superman/Wonder Woman story is in the home stretch. It’s been quite an experience, one that has tested my abilities in ways I never expected. But I like to think I rose to the challenge. I like to think I lived up to Superman and Wonder Woman’s standard, both as characters and as a couple. The previous chapter acted as the big, climactic battle. Every conflicting force converged from the gods of Olympus to the plot by Lex Luthor. In the end, Superman and Wonder Woman triumphed. They won the day. But what about tomorrow?

This is where the true core of Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is at its best. These are two insanely powerful characters. At numerous points in the story, they could’ve crossed certain lines to make it easier on themselves. However, they never concerned themselves about how hard a decision was. They only ever cared about doing the right thing, both as individuals and as a couple. That, more than anything else, is the strength of their character and their love.

In any relationship, doing the right thing will always come with more obstacles than choosing an easier path. Most flawed human beings will be hindered at some point. But Superman and Wonder Woman represent an ideal. For them, there’s no debate. They don’t try to walk that fine line between right and wrong. They will do what is right for them and for others. That’s what makes them so strong as heroes and as lovers. And that’s what I intend to show as the dust settles in this story.

Strangers In Paradise
Chapter 20: Remorse and Reconciliation

There’s just one chapter left now. My first Superman/Wonder Woman story is just about complete. There are a few more loose ends to tie up. There are few more emotions I want to capture before I put the finishing touch on this story. I’ve been very pleased with the support I’ve received from Superman/Wonder Woman fans thus far. I hope it continues as this story concludes. Please remember to take the time to review or post comments. I’m always happy to chat, especially if it means making my stories more awesome. Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment