Friday, August 3, 2012

X-men Supreme Issue #59: Protues Part 2 is LIVE and New Commission

Another short yet very important arc is set to end with the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. For many years, Marvel has made X-men a series about the effects of great power in normal human beings. In many famous stories, power has a tendency to corrupt and the world of X-men and X-men Supreme have provided a ripe setting to test that old addage. In Issue 58: Proteus Part 1 we explored the story of a character that Professor Xavier had discussed in previous issues, Kevin MacTaggert. In the world of X-men Supreme, Kevin was his first success story. He was the one that helped inspire Xavier to form the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. But now the unstable powers within him have been stirred due to an experiment involving a machine from our old friend, Forge. Kevin's mother, Moira, sensed Kevin was forgetting all the lessons that Xavier taught him and needed a radical treatment. That treatment has led Kevin to go on a rampage under his new identity, Proteus. Now in a battle that is sure to have ramifications far and wide, the X-men are prepared to confront Protues in the next and final issue of the Proteus arc.

Issue 59: Proteus Part 2

The end of another arc is always an exciting time because it helps set the stage for the next big arc. X-men Supreme Volume 3: Ashes of Hope is entering a very exciting phase and a big event is just around the corner! But the end of an arc also gives me other opportunities to further update this website. I plan on doing some bios entries for Banshee, Moira, and Rahne very soon. I also hope to add a new section to the pics area as well. So stay tuned for more updates on those!

Speaking of pics, I recently received another amazing commission from X-men Supreme's favorite artist, Brian Brinlee. Once again, he has contributed another wonderful piece. This time it takes place in the pages of Issue 29: Cajun Chaos Part 2. If you're a fan of Storm, I think you'll like this one! Be sure to check this and various other commissions out in the pics section. Also remember that if ever you want to contribute your own artwork to X-men Supreme, please contact me and we'll discuss the details.

 
As always, I strongly encourage everyone to review and post feedback for each issue of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. I'm trying to get more comments as this series continues to unfold. I have big events planned and I've worked so long and hard on this fanfiction series. So please tell me what you think and tell me how I can make it more awesome! Feel free to contact me at any time. Until then, thanks to everyone for their kind support. Until next time, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment