Monday, June 6, 2016

Broken Legacy Chapter 4: Deep Wounds and Deeper Scars is LIVE!


Like many fans of DC Comics, I’ve been caught up in the universe-warping nut punch that is DC Rebirth. Once again, DC Comics is sick of Marvel hogging the market share. Once again, they’re trying to boost their share in ways that make Alan Moore want to bang his head against the wall. I’ve had mixed feelings about it, but I know that for Superman/Wonder Woman fans, DC Rebirth might as well be a knife in the heart.

There’s no way around it. DC is basically just abandoning the concept of Superman/Wonder Woman in favor of more familiar territory. They need their comics to line up with the movies and the nearly 80-year history of their comics more. Sure, that means tearing their continuity yet another asshole and pissing all over Watchmen yet again, but they’re trying to satisfy every generation of fans. As such, there are sure to be fans who miss out. In this case, it’s Superman/Wonder Woman fans.

Personally, I think it’s a heaping load of horse shit that DC killed off one version of Superman just to make room for another. They basically rendered the act of killing the most iconic hero in the history of comics utterly pointless. Think about that for a moment. They made killing fucking Superman of all characters pointless. That takes some weapons grade bullshit. I could make multiple blog posts about how fucked up this is, but I’m going to temper my opinions out of respect for ailing Superman/Wonder Woman fans.

I admit the recent developments in the DCU have undermined my passion for my Broken Legacy story. Don’t get me wrong. I’m committed to finishing it. It’s just hard to get too excited about something that DC just went out of their way to piss on. I was hoping to update sooner, but disappointment has made it hard to really get into it. In fact, I might end up shortening the story because I just don’t have the energy or passion to draw it out like I did with Strangers In Paradise. I’ll still try to make it as awesome as can be and that’ll continue with this issue.

I know there hasn’t been a lot of Superman/Wonder Woman moments in this story so far, but that’s about to change in a major way. Both characters have suffered a blow to their legacy and identity. That’s going to bring them together in a profound way, but not before they take on the daunting threats before them. That process and the drama behind it begins with this chapter.


Like I said, I’m still committed to finishing this story. However, it might end up being my last Superman/Wonder Woman story for a while. I had some ideas in the works, but it’s hard to put much energy into them after the recent developments in the comics. I hope that changes, but for now I’ll try to make the most of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment