Friday, September 2, 2011

X-men Supreme Issue 41: Overlord Part 4 PREVIEW

We're past the halfway point for the biggest event yet in the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Everything is shaping up for a big finish. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this event will shape the course of all future stories for X-men Supreme. Just like a real Marvel event, there will be an aftermath and there will be stories that stem from that aftermath. I'm very excited to see it come together and I've been honored by all the support I've received from my wonderful readers. I hope that support continues as X-men Supreme continues to evolve into it's own world. The next few issues of this fanfiction series are vital and as such I've prepared an extended preview.


While the Brotherhood was catching their breath, Magneto was still going strong. Just he, Forge, and Exodus were working on the machine now. The master of magnetism was stoic, but there was still anticipation brimming from his demeanor. Every second they drew closer to completing this machine, it was a second closer to the new age he promised his mutant brethren. Being imprisoned and humiliated by humanity left him angry and resolute. He was willing to show mercy last time with the uprising, restricting his targets only to the corrupt human governments. Now all of humanity was going to pay for their crimes against homo superior.

This anger may have been silent, but Professor Charles Xavier sensed it even without his telepathy. Still bound with Hank near the back of the throne room, he watched anxiously as his old friend slipped further into madness. Over the years he saw Erik lose himself in his hatred many times before. This was by far the worst. His feelings towards humanity were strong, but he refused to believe the man behind those emotions would go so far.

“You can’t keep ignoring me, Erik. I will not stay silent while I watch you do this,” said Charles.

”Don’t waste your breath, old friend. There’s nothing left to say,” said Magneto stoically as he used his powers to set the amplifiers in place.

“I refuse to believe that. You’re still the same man who once believed in giving people a chance. Don’t act as if you’ve forgotten because I know you haven’t,” said Xavier strongly, “For years we were a team, using our powers for good to save innocent lives.”

“Innocent?” scoffed Magneto, “Mankind has no innocence. It took me years to realize that. You and your X-men are still deluded into thinking otherwise.”

“That’s anger and bitterness talking. I refuse to believe the man behind those emotions would believe in such madness. Have you forgotten the good you’ve seen in humanity? Have you forgotten those like your wife, Magda, who…”

But as soon as Xavier said that name, Magneto turned to his old friend in a rage and used his powers to choke him mercilessly with the metal shackles.

“Don’t you EVER utter that name, Charles!” he yelled, “Or so help me I will end you!”

“Charles!” exclaimed Hank, “Magneto, stop this!”

“No!” spat the master of magnetism, “Nobody is to ever mention my wife! Ever! I will not let you use her to try and distract me!”

“I’m not…using her!” coughed Xavier, “You need…to remember!”


As X-men Supreme continues to unfold and diversify, the feedback I get becomes all the more vital. I know I say that a lot, but I mean every word of it! I love getting feedback, constructive or otherwise from my readers. It helps me become a better writer and it ensures that the X-men Supreme fanfiction series continues to improve. So if you're following this series, please take some time to review each issue in the review section or contact me at any time and I'll be happy to talk X-men with you. In the meantime, I'll continue updating other sections of the site. I know it's been a while since I updated the bios section, but I plan on creating new entires once the Overlord arc is over. I also hope to update the pics section soon. Stay tuned for more updates. Until next time, take care and best wishes! Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment