Friday, April 4, 2014

X-men Supreme Reflections Announcement and Pic Update


It feels like I’ve been working on the X-men Supreme fanfiction series for a long time. And in many respects, I have. I began this fanfiction series in 2010. That means I’ve been working on it for four years. There are comic book series that don’t last that long, especially those on a bi-weekly update schedule. In that respect, I like to think X-men Supreme has achieved something special in that time. And with the end of X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear, those achievements now have a larger context.

As I’ve announced before, I have every intention of continuing this fanfiction series into Volume 5. I do have plans beyond that, but I am still undecided on whether I’ll pursue those plans. It certainly has helped that I saw a slight uptick in feedback with the end of X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear. It also helps that some, such as a very generous reader named Callum, took the time to contact me and helped me find out that there was a problem with my email filters. I want this fanfiction series to keep growing. And I want X-men Supreme’s appeal to expand. I know it’s difficult generating the same passion with a fanfiction series as the comics. But I’m going to keep treating X-men Supreme with the expectation that it’s possible to inspire such passion.

X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear had a lot of upheavals. My main goal with this era of X-men Supreme was to make the X-men’s struggle a more global struggle. President Robert Kelly and General Nathan Grimshaw shifted the fight away from battling Sentinels and Magneto to battling public opinion. This culminated with the treaty that was signed in Issue 97: Uneasy Truce that attempts to fight conflict by generating prosperity, courtesy of Shi’ar technology. And while this will create some new conflicts, the next era of X-men Supreme will focus more on personal conflicts.
I already offered a hint of it. Characters like Sinister and Mystique will have some important moments. There’s also the matter of Colonel Wraith and Reverend Stryker, who already did their share of damage in X-men Supreme Volume 4: Politics of Fear. And don’t forget X-men Supreme’s newest addition, Weapon X-23. There’s a lot to deal with in this new era of X-men Supreme. But before I begin exploring this bold new world, I will be doing another installment of X-men Supreme Reflections. I’ll be taking five characters and delving into their psyche, offering a fresh perspective on who they and what they’re dealing with. I will announce the first character of focus in one week and I’ll be including a preview of it as well.

I am still committed to making the X-men Supreme fanfiction series as awesome as it can be. However, I am also pursuing other writing endeavors. In addition, I am attempting to become a published author. My book, Skin Deep, has been available for a while now and I have every intention of writing more. But because of these efforts, updates might not be as frequent. I’ll try to stick to my bi-weekly schedule, but that may change. But make no mistake. I will continue X-men Supreme Volume 5 until it is completed. And regardless of what other projects I have going on, I hope X-men Supreme can help me refine my craft.

But this is not to say that I don't have something to add for this update. Recently, Marvel completed a major crossover event between All New X-men and Guardians of the Galaxy entitled, The Trial of Jean Grey. It was a good story and one I reviewed on my blog. In the spirit of this story, I felt the time was right to do an update to the pics section for Jean Grey. She's becoming an increasingly important figure in the comics. Expect her to do the same in X-men Supreme.

Phoenix Pics

Jean Grey Pics

As always, a lot of that depends on the feedback I get from readers. The more support I have, the more confident I am that I can continue X-men Supreme through Volume 5 and beyond. So please take the time to send me your feedback by either contacting me or posting it in the comments section of each issue. I look forward to exploring this next era of the X-men Supreme fanfiction series. Until then, take care and best wishes. Excelsior!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment